Thanks to the help of Yunnie & illuminor a.k.a. Geo who kindly stepped in to help, all Japanese text has now been translated to English!
Of course, as big of a step of progress this is, this doesn't mean we're completely done. There's still a lot left, namely:
- Checking that I didn't miss something and we did finish translating all the text (I mean, for all I know, I may well have forgotten something)
- Editing the new text to have a consistent style with the prior-translated text
- Checking for inconsistencies in nomenclature / adherency to the style guide (as we changed translation standards about three times over the process, it's possible there might be some mismatched names and terms)
- Injecting the text in - the story text is a tad bit easier than the menu / encyclopedia / etc. text, since we have to actually deal with some memory issues - and potentially rewriting text to fit (note that I know nothing about hacking, so questions regarding the hacking part will have to be left to Deep Dive)
- Final checks on the translation for glaring errors
After that, I'll be discussing with Deep Dive on how we might handle any potential beta testing and release. It's still too early to give any rough estimate on when this might be done, but at the very least we're out of the stalemate that's been going on for the last several months.
So I hope that's good news! Again, sorry to keep you all waiting. o/